and use logging without risk of circular import. Only subpackage
that imports from debug is bitmessageqt - because it also uses
Instead of from debug import logger is now recommended to use:
logger = logging.getLogger('default')
All subclasses of StoppableThread now have a logger attribute.
All threading related stuff except for set_thread_name()
was moved from helper_threading to network.threads.
Fixed two my mistakes from previous edit of debug in a1a8d3a:
- logger.handlers is not dict but iterable
- sys.excepthook should be set unconditionally
- instead of being processed in the ReceiveQueue thread, uploads are now done
in a dedicated thread. Only the parsing is done in ReceiveQueue thread.
- the UploadThread is modelled based on the DownloadThred, but simpler.
- it checks for intersection attack, eliminates duplicates and restricts the
write buffer size to 2MB (may still grow slightly higher if too many big
objects are requested, but the absolute limit appears to be about 4.5MB in the
worst case scenario).
- the restriction of the write buffer may cause some upload throttling (to
about 2MB per second per connection), but can be optimised later
- dandelion fixes
- try to wait as long as possible before expiration if there are no
- expire in invThread rather than singleCleaner thread
- deduplication of code in inv and dinv command methods
- turn on by default, seems to work correctly now
- turn off dandelion if outbound connections are disabled
- start tracking downloads earlier, and faster download loop
- remove some obsolete lines
- minor PEP8 updates
- fixes and feedback from @gfanti and @amiller
- addresses #1049
- minor refactoring
- two global child stems with fixed mapping between parent and
- allow child stems which don't support dandelion
- only allow outbound connections to be stems
- adjust stems if opening/closing outbound connections (should
allow partial dandelion functionality when not enough outbound
connections are available instead of breaking)